By Ted Cheatham and Jackson Pope
The Galactic Empire is in turmoil. Position yourself to gain control by amassing support within the Empire. Mercilessly exploit events and slander your opponents.
10,000 years in the future, humanity has claimed the stars. But all is not well. The Emperor is weak, without strong guidance the Empire is crumbling. Powerful guilds within the empire are squabbling, positioning themselves for their own gain. If the Empire is to survive, it needs a strong leader - that means you! You must build a powerbase throughout the Empire by connecting with important guilds: the military, traders, priests, engineers, expansionists and politicians and then claim the throne. Time is running out though, others also struggle for the throne. You must form a network of support with powerful guilds and slandering your opponents. Each connection gains the support of some guilds, at the end of the game the player with the most support grasps the Galactic Throne. Take advantage of events that occur for further gain. Be careful though, as each slander you receive reduces your support.
Carpe Astra Review
Carpe Astra is a tile laying and networking game for 2 - 4 players aged 10+, games last 20 to 60 minutes.
Carpe Astra features the following components:
- 5 single tiles - 4 character tiles and one Imperial Senate tile
- 15 double tiles - featuring two guilds
- 27 event cards featuring either: one or two guilds
- 35 network cards featuring your character and two or three guilds
- 35 slander cards featuring another character and two or three guilds
- 20 operative markers - five each in four colours
- 30 score markers - six each in four colours
- 4 player sheets
- 1 score sheet
- 50 money tokens (40 x 1 credit, 10 x 5 credits)